Monday, February 28, 2011

The life and studio of a creative soul

Mt. Crested Butte, CO


Summer Island Mountain Girl


Turquoise Ultra Midi Drop Earrings


Mt. Crested Butte, Colorado


Tropic Midi Drop Earrings


The view outside, Mt. Crested Butte, CO

The life of a creative soul is a busy one especially when you work at home.  My studio is a happy place filled with colorful glass for fusing in various sizes and stages of design and there are bins and drawers filled with jewelry supplies including beads of all types in every color.


My postcard collection

...more post card collection.

It's a cozy place to work even in winter with 10 feet of snow outside, the walls are painted soft creamy yellow, rusty red and deep sage green and are covered with artwork from friends, paintings, wildflowers posters, photographs of family, art design books, a key west calender, and my post card collection from all over the US and quite a few countries I've visited.


Handmade art by Laura from Joy Warrior Gallery, Crested Butte, Colorado



Being the visual creative soul that I am, I love the stimulation I receive from artwork and color everywhere.  My thoughts and eyes can dart from one vibrantly colorful place to another but when it needs a visual rest there's the breathtaking view outside to gaze at.

The view outside, Crested Butte, CO


Cobalt Blue Dazzle Earrings


Elk Avenue Downtown Crested Butte, CO

In the mountains, one day it may be snowing large clumpy snowflakes and the next day may be the bluest sky you've ever seen.  On an island, one day there may be a light, gentle breeze and the ocean is like glass and the next a gale force wind is blowing the outdoor furniture over on it's side and white capped waves are crashing over the dock. I just love the contrast of it all.


Sunset view Mt. Crested Butte, CO

Working at home in both environments gives me many occasions to venture outside and enjoy the day.  I just have to remind myself to do so because my days are a crazy mixture of glasswork, beading, healthy cooking, business, laundry, marketing, bookkeeping, inspiration, correspondence, housework, photography, hot tea breaks, trips to the post office, daydreaming about the children's books I'm working on and of course making time for outdoor play...skiing, hiking, biking, snowshoeing, boating or going to the gym.

Nordic Skiing, Crested Butte, CO


Did I mention I also share my studio space with my husband, a lifelong casual musician.  There are guitars and concert posters on half of the room and a living room arrangement, with a couch, chairs and a coffee table with tree bark legs. It's a quiet spot for reading or contemplation or a loudly inspired place when I turn up the blues tunes or island beach music.


Sky Blue Midi Drop Earrings



If you agree my days are busy then you'll believe me when I say my nights are busy too! I love great restaurants, live music and live performances such as dance, plays or comedy and movies so even though I may live in two small towns there always is something to do to inspire and enjoy!
Wishing you days and nights filled with fun and entertainment that you love!
Live happy,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in to visit, I always appreciate hearing from you and value your comments!