Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Turquoise ~ The Color of the Year 2010



While stopping by a neighbors home the other day I noticed a copy of the August issue of New Mexico Magazine on the coffee table with its beautiful turquoise gemstone jewelry on the cover.  Quickly I turned to the article "The Power of Turquoise," and was thrilled to see that my favorite color was announced by Pantone as the color of the year for 2010.  It is a timeless color and one that inspires me daily in my jewelry design process as its qualities transition so well with my Island and Western Style collections.

Pantone calls the color this year "an inviting luminous hue" and goes on to state that "it is believed to be a protective talisman, a color of deep compassion and healing, and a color of faith and truth inspired by water and sky."  Its no wonder I love this color, from its many hues of sage green to aqua blue to tropical ocean turquoise.  I enjoy painting my walls in shades of the ocean and designing and wearing shades of the gemstone in clothing or accessories in this beautiful blue green palette.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in to visit, I always appreciate hearing from you and value your comments!