Sunday, March 20, 2011

On the First Day of Spring

                         

MARATHON KEY


HAPPY SPRING!
Spring arrived today as I prepare to leave this snow-filled ski town for a warmer climate.  Although usually sunny days and the bluest of skies surround us in the winter in between snow storms lasting only a few days, the cloudy gray skies and feet of white snow everywhere is inspiring my daydreams and night time dreams with visions of the ocean, palm trees and bright vivid shades of citrus, hot pink and blue.


MY FESTIVE ISLAND BEACH JEWELRY

Although skiing has been wonderful and winter has been filled with many festive celebrations   its season is coming to an end in a few weeks. I find I am spending time longing for the familiar scenery of my home state of Florida and the exotic tropical lifestyle of the Florida Keys and Key West.


LITTLE TORCH KEY


My mind transports me with anticipation to bike rides in the warm sunshine, fresh seafood caught that day and seaside sunsets with friends over a refreshing cocktail.  Outdoor tiki bar style dining and dancing, fabulous live music, boat rides and and picnic island.


LITTLE TORCH KEY


My imagination is filled with ideas and colors to update our seaside home ... a Retro Island Cottage that is filled with a collection of happy memories, photo's, gifts and family hand me downs from both sides adding to its eclectic tropical ambiance.


MY ISLAND BEACH JEWELRY




LITTLE TORCH KEY

Some of the most cherished items are a swizzle stick collection from my dad's many travels in the 60's and 70's, a watercolor painting of his former home in the Abaco's on the sweet little island of Hope Town and a collection of Bahamian cocktail recipes on fabric swatches that I have framed and displayed. A beautiful large wooden fish serving platter hangs on the wall in the dining room and pretty silver glass cups used daily are from my in-laws.


BAHIA HONDA STATE PARK


PICNIC ISLAND, LITTLE TORCH KEY

If I were there right now I could describe many more sentimental items and maybe one day when I am sitting there writing I will take photo's and share them with you.

Cheers! Here's to a Happy Spring filled with new beginnings!



MY DISPLAY FOR "A TASTE OF ART" SHOW

LITTLE TORCH KEY, FLA KEYS


MARATHON KEY




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in to visit, I always appreciate hearing from you and value your comments!